Thursday, February 24, 2011

Said Musa has been RELEASED!

I just found out that Afgani Christian Said Musa has been released due to diplomatic pressure!
In a letter dated February 13, Said Musa described a visit by representatives of the U.S. and Italian Embassies offering him asylum. According to the letter, after the foreign representatives left the room, Musa was visited by three Afghan officials who told him that he would be released within twenty-four hours if he wrote a statement declaring that he regretted his conversion to Christianity. "I laughed and replied, 'I can't deny my Savior's name,'" Musa wrote. "Because my life is just service to Jesus Christ and my death is going to heaven [where] Jesus Christ is. I am a hundred percent ready to die...." 
... The call came on February 21 from an official from the U.S. Embassy in Kabul confirming that Said Musa was released and safely out of the country.
"I'm so thankful to the Lord that he is free and know it was a concerted effort on the part of so many people," said an ICC representative in Kabul. "The Lord has allowed us to take part in this monumentous event and I praise Him that it has ended with the freedom of Said Musa. Through Said's letters, he spoke publicly to the world a powerful testimony of his faith and perseverance."
You can read the rest of the official report HERE. The rest of the report goes on to talk about Shoaib Assadullah, another Afhani Christian who was arrested for giving someone a Bible. Please keep him in your prayers. God is good!

2 comments:

  1. OH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!! This is spectacular!!!!!! God is good!!! I wish people like Said would emigrate to the US. Lord knows, we need more people like him here. This is such good news!

    It's odd, though, that all the news reports I heard about him were several days AFTER the release had been arranged. Why the delay?

    Whew, I am so happy for Said and his family. Oh I hope and pray for Shoaib Assadullah, too! This has GOT to stop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Praise the Lord and continue to keep the rest of our persecuted brothers and sisters in prayer.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your feedback; it's very important to me. If you have anything to add, please feel free to do so. Just keep the content clean and please be respectful. Thank you.